Re: [CQ-Contest] The dupes?

To: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>, "'CQ-Contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The dupes?
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:51:24 -0600
I too at am a loss to follow the logic here. If you don't work him as a dupe
and you did screw it up
earlier in the log, you're still going to be penalized for that earlier
screw-up.

If you really did work him before and work him again, there's no cost to your
score. Indeed, it's a net
gain to your score because it takes far less time to say "599 15" than to get
into a discussion about who
worked whom when.

If you work him now and he wasn't really a dupe, you suffer the penalty you
rightly deserve for getting
the first QSO wrong, but you at least gain with the new, correct QSO. If you
don't work him and leave
the initial wrong QSO in your log, all you get is the penalty.

Once you've logged someone, rightly or wrongly, you owe it to that station to
keep that Q in your log. If
you busted it, suck it up, buttercup and face the music.

Work dupes: it's fairer AND it's faster for you.

73, kelly
ve4xt