Re: [CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22(simple)

To: Felipe J Hernandez <fhdez@islandnetjm.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22(simple)
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:10:39 -0500
My Ideal contest?

More or less all the same general rules we have now for almost any
contest.  BUT  with one major change. And a change that would place a
great deal of strategy into it.  A time frame like the old novice roundup.

a 24 hour contest  but it lasts 10 days.  Say 00:00 zulu saturday the
first until 24;00 the 9th.  but you can only operate a max of 24 hours.

This requires you to decide when is best to operate.  not just brute
force, but  skill like  when will the most people be around?  or  when
is the bands open to the area you need more mults in?  or  the bands are
open  but marginal,  do you stick it out, or shut down and hope for
better conditions later,  but will they be better later,,,,,

Lots of thinking of when will be the best time on,,,  In addition, with
a time frame like this there is no reason that anyone should not be able
to get all 24 hours in.

That would be my dream test.

Joe    WB9SBD