Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 07:23:00 -0600 (CST)
I haven't read the announcement in the March QST of this contest, but the rules
for the contest are posted at:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2010/rr.html

There is no mention of "real-time" logging in the rules. Logs, only in Cabrillo
format, are due 48 hours after the end of the contest. It appears to be a
contest designed to encourage newcomers to contesting. "Rookies" (licensed
within the past 3 years) can work anyone, but non-rookies can only work rookies.

I suggest reading the rules before reacting to the announcement.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)