Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

To: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest
From: Richard Hill <rehill@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 07:31:34 -0800
The demographic for this contest seems to be young people who might
become excited about radio and contesting.  They are generally very
computer savvy and internet savvy.  This contest seems well designed for
that demographic.  Young potential contesters who lack a computer
probably view U-Tube videos, make new international friends on a social
network and program aps on their telephone and don't find a computer
necessary.

It was not designed to help old f__ts transition to a new mode in their
dotage <grin>.

No one reading this lacks access to a computer.  Non-issue.  (My
apologies to the one person who reads a printed copy of this email
received next June by snail mail from their WW1 buddy).

Rich
NU6T
Old F__rt in training.