Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTCstations/Results/Overspottinganditsimpact

To: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>, "'CQ CONTEST'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTCstations/Results/Overspottinganditsimpact
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:53:46 -0000
No David, I understand your proposals clearly.

Those proposals seek to impose specific operating limitations on the
operators, restricting their range of choices during the competition. For
that reason they are counter to the spirit of WRTC.

This is not a specialized outing like the Sprint; it is the WRTC, and by
design tests a much broader scope of operator knowledge and skills.  Choice
of specific operating frequencies, or how long to milk a run QRG, may well
be crucial minutiae in the suite of tricks of some particular individual,
and restricting them could diminish the ability of that person to compete.

I repeat again, for emphasis.  " The players "on the field" should run
unfettered, free to succeed (or not) without "operating regulations" such as
you propose."

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"