Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

To: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>, "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:59:29 -0500
Jim...

Your comments about actual on the air experience reminded me of my own
frustrations a while back. I had been using the Morse Runner application
extensively for a long time (nightly for several months). I was practicing
to build more accuracy and speed while I was off the air. The program worked
great. It worked perfect.

What I discovered when I returned to the airwaves, with *real* contesting
participants, I became very frustrated that the cadence of the stations I
was working was not anywhere as smooth as Morse Runner. This wasn't a
one-time deal, rather a number of contests where I would loose interest to
the point of turning off the radio and going to do something else.

I eventually weaned myself off Morse Runner when I realized where my
dissatisfaction was rooted.

Posted for what it's worth... a personal experience I am sharing.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN