Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE
From: "S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:28:43 +0200
EI5DI wrote: My hobby is amateur radio contesting.  Yours is something
else - I suggest internet contesting.

ITU definition: A radiocommunication service for the purpose of
self-training, intercommunication and technical investigations carried out
by amateurs, that is, by duly authorized persons interested in radio
technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest.

Paul, beware of narrow contesters vision disregarding technical
investigation!  I greatly enjoy ionosphere since 1962!  Mainly over the
weekends.  50+ DMC RTTY QSO this one.  Few DXC spots made of rare E7, ER, Z3
and ZC4LI.  We all SHARE radio spectrum.  Use it or lose it.  No overuse
damage!

N6TJ gave the following Example:  W2UP spots ZD8Z on 14035.  Suddenly a few
hundred have hit 14035
on their packet screen, and everyone lands virtually on the same frequency.
Even with your prolific CW copying skills, Barry,  you might have difficulty
working 200+ hours with everyone calling you on the EXACT SAME FREQUENCY.

Late Laci, W1PL told me to call fast 200 Hz above zero beat in pile-up!
Tom, 9A2AA catches me easy 200 Hz down.
Small XIT change is all that is required with a good operators like N6TJ.
The problem comes with a new generation using 50 Hz DSP filters, no RIT, IP.

Morse Runner is the cheapest DX-pedition solution :-)

73 de Mario, S56A

P.S. N6TJ wrote: When you're old and realize your best years on in your
rear-view mirror, all you have left are the memories.  Some of mine:  W4BPD
as VQ9A/7, W9WNV pile-ups, K0DQ at XE1IIJ and in this millenium KH7X on 50
MHz on my birthday March, 27th 2000 long path around 11 AM.