Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:21:29 +0200
At 17:19 2010-07-18 , Richard F DiDonna NN3W wrote:
>I think the issue of spotting negatively affects only a small proportion of
>operators - namely those who are single ops operating from locations where
>they are the the only or perhaps one of two operators on from that DXCC
>entity for the entire weekend.
>
>73 Rich NN3W

I strongly disagree. Spotting affects contest operating in general and it
is adding to the dumbing down of amateur radio. Building up an "impressive"
score that is dependant on DX-cluster spots has nothing to do with skills.
It is mainly a waiting game and others are doing the job. Using the reverse
beacon system is the same deal.

73 Peter SM2CEW