Re: [CQ-Contest] Omitting callsigns in echanges

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Omitting callsigns in echanges
From: John W <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:24:38 -0800
This issue has a very simple solution, which I used both times someone worked
me this weekend without sending their call as part of the exchange.
I responded to their exchange by sending:

CALL?

And then they sent their call, and that was that.

If enough people ask them to repeat their call (and all of you should be doing
that), they will quickly get the idea, and then the problem (and this thread)
goes away.

Some people will never cheat.
Some people may cheat if they are given a chance to cheat.
Some people will always try to cheat if they think they can get away with it.
This is one area where the community can be self-policing and easily prevent
people from cheating.

John
W2ID