Re: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB c

To: Andreas Kretzschmar <9y4w@gmx.net>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB contest
From: Henk Remijn PA5KT <pa5kt@remijn.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:24:16 +0100
Emergency communication is very important and every user of the
radioamateur bands should take these in consideration wehen choosing a
frequency.

Unforntunately most of these emergency operations never take place on or
around the frequencies which are adviced to be used in the IARU bandplans.
Emergency centres of activity in Region 2 are:
80m:3750kHz and 3985kHz.
40m: 7060kHz, 7240kHz and 7290kHz.

Last year the Haiti earthquake emergency communication used 7045 and 3720.
Now the "Tomas" comms used 3815 and 7162.

Why do they always choose frequencies were typically nobody expects
emergency communications?

I dont understand.

73 Henk PA5KT

--