Re: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB c

To: Andreas Kretzschmar <9y4w@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB contest
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:51:20 -0500
It would certainly be helpful if ARRL re-publicized these emergency
frequencies systematically when an emergency is working.  I just went
looking on the ARRL web site, and while I found references to Cuban
emergency nets during Tomas on two other frequencies - 3737 and 7045 KHz
-  there was no reminder of the established R2 frequencies or notice of
the ones actually used, so far as I could find.

I think there are very few contesters who are so inconsiderate that they
would *knowingly* interfere with emergency comms.  Anyone who does
should obviously be disqualified from the contest in question, but the
real key is to let people know which frequencies they need to avoid.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,