Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio
From: Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:24:32 -0700
Joe,

Actually, a large number of stateside hams use it, as well as a pretty
good number of DX stations. As far as stateside QSL's (the focus of your
original post), there is no problem making WAS with LOTW. I recently got
my WAS Triple-Play certificate, and I only need four QSO's on 80 meters
for 5 Band WAS. All the rest are confirmed on LOTW. So it definitely
isn't true that not enough people use it.

Granted, so far LOTW is only good for DXCC and WAS. However, it will
work for WPX soon, and probably other CQ awards in the future.

73,

Jim N6VH