Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:24:36 -0700
I really don't mind being asked to QSY, to a band that is OPEN. I really don't
care for theblatant request that is repeated and repeated for QSY to a band
thatis NOT open, and hasn't been open for hours. ESPECIALLY when theresponse to
the explanation, (at 35 - 40 wpm - if they can ask "at speed" they SHOULD be
able to COPY the response at that speed) is ignored, not just once,but two or
three times.  It ALMOST gets easier, and leaves more points in my log, if I say
"Yes, meet me"And let them spend the time finding out the band is not open. I
already spent that time.

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy