Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights
From: Patrick Barkey <n9rvee@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:00:17 -0700
George,

I was asked to QSY quite a bit in the ARRL CW.   I am happy to comply but:

1. Often times I couldn't react at all simply because I was running a very
fast rate on the other radio.  No time to say anything other than SRI.

2. Some times I get the "deer in headlights" in reverse when I just as
snappily tell the guy asking that I am already on 14.031.5 when he's trying
to ask me to move to 14080.

I learned a long time ago that there are a number of quite famous
contesters who simply cannot converse on CW beyond the standard exchanges
and requests for fills.  So it stands to reason that there are many, many
more casual ops in the same boat.

  - Pat
    N9RV