Re: [CQ-Contest] [FCG] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights

To: chris.plumblee@gmail.com, Georgek5kg@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [FCG] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights
From: wn4r12@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:50:50 -0500 (EST)
I'll second Chris' comments.  I can usually handle 30 and a little plus in a
contest, but I don't do much CW ragchewing anymore and I never could handle
much over 22 wpm in general conversation.  And at I my age of coming up on 80,
I'm not inclined to practice much anymore.  I don't do 2 or 440 on repeaters
anymore either so that is not the excuse even though I still have a dual band
handheld -- don't even remember last time probably at least a couple of years
ago.

Being very limited with antennas if asked to go to 40 when I've been on 10, 15,
and 20 means a trip to back yard to change the whip on my tripod.

Still enjoy giving another contact to "the big boys" as I S&P around the bands
in a limited fashion.

73,
Byron, WN4R