Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights

To: <Georgek5kg@aol.com>, <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>, <fcg@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE QSY - Deer in headlights
From: "Chet moore" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 13:11:53 -0500
Hey George,

Operating from big multi stations like W3PP, NR4M etc our results were
pretty much the same as yours.

I do know some apartment dwellers  who only have one band but may not want
to send you a long explanation for why they can't move to the other bands
especially on CW. Some of the guys giving
Out q's are using a code reader and only push a button to send your call and
another button to give you their report. In some cases They may not even
have a key to send anything that's not in the contest exchange.  I have seen
newer ops who May take up to 4 -5  minutes to do a band change that includes
swapping out antennas and  re tuning their amp. Some multi ops without at
second op/spotter on a particular band may give up after 3 minutes before
the guy the moved up even gets to the suggested freq. 4 - 5 minutes can seem
like an eternity to a guy at a multi op  waiting for the moved station to
show up.  This can also Be a problem for those who do not have an antenna
switch and actually have to unplug a coax And then find and plug in the one
for the next band. Some ops can only operate on one or two bands Because
they cause TVI on other bands. Asking for band changes seemed to work much
better For me anyway toward the end of the contest that at the beginning.
Someone who is operating Single band only may not want to make any q's on
another band.  I am sure you will get some great replies.

73

Chet N4FX