Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC Bands and Contesting: Aargh! FAQ Update

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC Bands and Contesting: Aargh! FAQ Update
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 09:41:33 -0400
Bob, its not worth getting worked up over. A lot of the anti contester types can be summed up in a line from a character named Kyle Reese:

"Listen, and understand ... It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"

You simply cannot reason with stupid and ignorant. Go on over to qrz.com and eham.net and read the contest rants that appear during and after most every major contest (interestingly, usually after a major SSB contest).

"there is a contest every weekend"
"why can't the contests be relegated only to the WARC bands"
"our ragchew group meets every day of the week on 14.266 at 1900z...we were jammed out when we started up because the contest was on"
"why can't we have 14.275 to 14.350 contest free"
"why doesn't the ARRL put a stop to all the madness in the CQWW"
"14.300 should be given a 10.00 kHz buffer"
"my radio doesn't have a WARC band option"
"I don't have antennas on the WARC band"
"why were there SSB contesters on 7.045"
"why do contesters work split and take up two frequencies at once"

The stupid is very, very strong with this contingent.

73 Rich NN3W