Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:14:02 +0700
Hi,

I agree with the new rule. It's a competition, and some are disposed to have an
unsportsmanlike conduct when in the fire of the action.
The role of the organizer is to guarantee fairness between all participants, at
all levels.
IDing frequently will help :
- newcomers
- QRPers (or Low Power or Simple Antennas...)
- Unassisted

That said, I don't see how some can be against this rule as for me a "complete
QSO" between two stations consists of exchanges of callsigns and reports  (+
number).
One can said : "yes but he just heard my callsign, so no need to repeat it".
Ok, but that's not a complete QSO.
Even more, after several QSOs, the probability of this being true is decreasing
a lot.
If now one says "yes but he knows my call because he saw it on the cluster",
then we're not talking about radio-contesting.
Learning a part of the QSO using "non radio" means is not assistance, it is
just cheating.
I know that for some people there are no differences between "learning where on
the band a station is located thanks to the cluster" or "guessing part of the
QSO data thanks to the cluster", but for me it is fundamental.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y