Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: "N2GC" <N2GC@aol.com>, "Marc Domen" <on7ss.oo9o@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 02:22:14 +0600
IMHO frequency of IDind is used as a tool for pileup control. To force everybody to ID every QSO will take this tool away from running stations Then low power/simple antenna stations will find themselfs at disadvantage, It will take them much longer and bring much more frustration to squeeze through the never ending pileup. To require ID after every QSO will not warrant level playing field for everyone. Just opposite. Compair time required to send CT9/RU9CZD and P3A. There might be a requirement in the rules to ID every 2 or 3 minutes though, but that is what majority of participants do anayway when they are interested in their final score.

73, Igor UA9CDC

And why not put in the rules to id after every contact. Would it bring the
number of QSO's down.

It probably will, but then the odds would be even for all.

Id after every contact does level the playing field for everyone in the competition. IMHO I think this would be a good rule.

The argument that less QSO's would result is not necessarily true. Looking at Valery R5GA's record rates website.

http://rate.r5ga.com/

There are a few well known single ops in the top ten that I'd after every contact. In fact a few had the best rate some years in certain contests.

73 Mike N2GC