Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: Doug Smith W9WI <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:15:01 -0600
On 02/01/2014 02:22 PM, Igor Sokolov wrote:
Then low power/simple antenna stations will find themselfs at
disadvantage, It will take them much longer and bring much more
frustration to squeeze through the never ending pileup.

Are we sure the pileups will get larger with ID required?

Without frequent ID, your pileup contains some number of dupes -- stations calling you because they think they may need you at least for a QSO, if not for a mult.

If you're IDing frequently, these stations will know they're dupes, and they won't bother participating in the pileup.

Further, these are the stations that are more likely to be serious participants, the stations that are more likely to have big signals, the stations whose presence in a pileup makes things more difficult for the low-power stations.

I mean, that's just a theory but I think it's just as credible as assuming frequent IDs will mean larger pileups.

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66