Re: [CQ-Contest] LP SO2R with no filters?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LP SO2R with no filters?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 06:18:41 -0400
I did this for a couple of years - my main antennas were on a tower about 250 feet from an HF9 vertical. I was running over 1 KW to them, and 100 watts to the HF9. Did no damage - what's that adage about God protecting fools and...? If I were to do it again, I would put some protection in the RX antenna lines - if your transceivers have provision for bringing those lines out the back and back in again, it's easy and cheap to build something - like <http://pvrc.org/~n4zr/Articles/Simple%20Protection%20for%20the%20Fledgling%20SO2R%20Station.pdf>.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at