Re: [CQ-Contest] LP SO2R with no filters?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LP SO2R with no filters?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:27:23 -0600
If they were using 1975-vintage radios, with vacuum tube front ends, I'm not surprised there was no damage. And if there was damage, I wonder if the typical, non-contester, Field Day operator would even notice !

Operating with a "general purpose" radio club, how many times have we walked up to a Field Day operator, on what should be a wide-open band, only to discover he/she as made no QSO's in the last hour ? We snoop around, and discover obvious issue(s).

73,
Steve, N2IC