Re: [CQ-Contest] When is it OK to refuse to give out a QSO?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When is it OK to refuse to give out a QSO?
From: Andrew Warycka <andrew.warycka@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 07:35:42 -0700
Hi John,

Sorry to hear there are some people who just can't be bothered to stop
listening to static and punching F1 for a few seconds to hand out a mult.

I spent about 15 hours BIC at the N7AT M2 this weekend and happily handed
out more zero-point QSOs than I can easily remember. Considering we put up
a raw score of about 5.2M, I think we still managed to work enough non-zero
pointers in between.

Some people, like you, were kind enough to specify "for the mult" when they
called, some didn't. Doesn't matter. Maybe they just need the mult, maybe
they needed AZ for WAS on that band, half of them didn't even know what
zone they were in and were just trying to be helpful - I'd just explain
what they needed to tell the next guy they work. It's all good - I work
them all and move on. As someone else mentioned, that's "being a good
ambassador."

Some people don't understand it's possible to be competitive /and/ a decent
human.

I was already done for the weekend by Sunday morning (that pesky life thing
got in my way this weekend too), but I would have happily handed you that
zone 3 mult had you reached me. Hope you got back on and found one, and as
always, illegitimi non carborundum.

73, Andy NY7N