[CQ-Contest] KU1CW location

To: cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location
From: W4AAW@xxxxxxx via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 16:30:36 -0400
Here is the correct information on KU1CW in the CQWPX CW contest.

1. Alex has just moved to Washington State.  He has not yet modified his
license to reflect this recent development.

2. Alex is a member of TeamW4AAW, which operates the first Totally Remote M/M
station.  We have 31 team members who operate W4AAW's positions from all over
NA, from Panama, Europe and Asia, provided they meet legal/licensing
requirements.

3. Since a W4 call sign is common in WPX tests, I suggested to Alex we use
KU1CW for the contest.  Alex agreed. So, the entry (as shown on 3830) was
KU1CW@ W4AAW.

4.  The 3830 comments for KU1CW @ W4AAW in the CQWPX CW test very clearly show
the locations of each operator.

If some people had bothered to read information that is readily available in
that posting, it would not have been necessary to cast aspersions.

During some periods of the contest, Alex even operated SO2R, using two W4AAW
positions remotely, from Washington State.

W1VE and other serious operators of remote-capable stations will agree with me:
 We remote-capable stations are not trying to fool anyone or gain some sort of
geographical or unfair advantage.  We're just being competitive and striving to
do so strictly within the rules.

Cheers!

73, Mike W4AAW