Re: [CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A

To: "cqtestk4xs@aol.com" <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 17:39:46 +0000
I was warned off the OM2000A for reasons of extreme fan noise.  Several guys
whose views I respect have swapped them out for that reason.
Instead I added a second ACOM 2000A.  I have a very early one (1999) which has
been beaten to cr*p when travelling to multiple big gun stations and doing
loads of 48hr contests - it's never missed a beat.  Still on original tubes.  I
do like the newer control box tho.
No experience with the KPA1500 but have been delighted with my KPA500 for many
years and multiple 6Gs DXpeditions.
If a K4 is in my future, there may well be a KPA1500 to go with it.  At least
the fan noise on the KPA1500 can be remoted from the operating position.
73, David G3WGN  M6O