Re: [CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Elecraft KPA 1500 vs.OM 2000A
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:13:51 -0700
On 3/10/2020 3:29 PM, rjairam@gmail.com wrote:
Elecraft and SPE did a very good thing by including built in antenna
tuners. The SPE implementation is excellent as it follows CAT. From my
limited use of the KPA1500 it seems To do the same thing.

The KPA1500 tuner can be bypassed with a front panel button. Tuners in older SPE amps could not, but newer ones can. As I recall, the SPE amp I had for a short time burned almost 1 dB into pretty well matched loads. The KPA1500 is a bit more efficient, at least with my antennas.

The KPA1500 senses frequency VERY quickly and recalls stored/trained settings.

73, Jim K9YC