Re: [CQ-Contest] You gotta let me know, should M/M Distributed stay or g

To: "sbloom@acsalaska.net" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] You gotta let me know, should M/M Distributed stay or go.
From: Ron Notarius W3WN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:47:12 +0000 (UTC)
Going forward, the question in my mind would be "are there going to be enough
M/M teams worldwide operating in future contests to make the category viable?"
If there are only a very few capable and willing to do so, under 'normal' (ie
non-pandemic) circumstances... in my mind, ten or less, but everyone may have a
different number in mind, YMMV... then the category may not be sustainable at
the present time.  In which case, there ought to be no need for a
confrontation, major or otherwise.
OTOH, as technology and station capabilities improve, this may become a viable
category in a few years.  In which case, revisit the issue then,
73