Re: [CQ-Contest] You gotta let me know, should M/M Distributed stay or g

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] You gotta let me know, should M/M Distributed stay or go.
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 18:33:41 -0400
So CQ appears to be open to adding new categories? I find this interesting considering that a prominent member of the CQ Contest Committee made a comment during the Dayton Contest University that "we already have too many categories and if we just keep adding more then everyone will end up win a plaque". I guess it just has to be the "right" category  suggested by the "right" connected people to be considered? There aren't even that many traditional M/M's that take place in most contests so why add another M/M category?

Here's one for you...Why not add a WIRES-ONLY category? This would be a different category than TB-WIRES.  I bet you would have many more entries in a category like this then you would ever have in the M/M distributed category.   There are many more stations (including some very good contesters) that use only wire antennas compared to those who have a tower with beam antennas. The "wires only" crowd seems to be off the radar of those who run the major contests.

Jeff