Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:43:31 -0700
On 6/20/2021 9:25 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:
Please try a search for Automated FT8 on YouTube - you will soon see that, after starting a single QSO, the operator is not required to do anything.

The few who may be doing that are a very small minority, and has NOTHING to do with what great operators like WK6I, W0YK, AA7A, dozens of other great HF contesters I work on 6M are doing. There are a$&holes who drive far too fast on mountain roads around me and pass me or my wife on blind curves, but that doesn't make my driving in and out of town on those roads to buy groceries a bad thing. And, thankfully, they are the minority.

73, Jim K9YC