[ct-user] Upgrade computer strategy

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Upgrade computer strategy
From: k1ep at comcast.net (Ed Parish K1EP)
Date: Tue Aug 5 20:13:46 2003
At 09:18 PM 8/5/03 +0000, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:
> though I don't know about the loop option.

You CANNOT mix the loop option with Ethernet.  The loop option essentially
breaks the serial port into two single direction ports.  The data comes in on
the Rx line from one station and out on the Tx line to the next station.  This
will not work on Ethernet, it will loop back on itself and melt down your
computer.

>As always you want to be sure to run the same versions of ct and ctwin
>on a network.

Yes.  Ran into a slight problem mixing versions that were close but not the
same.  It created a problem when one station went to correct a call.  It
corrected the call on that computer, but didn't change it on the others.
Created a nasty log problem when they were merged.