Re: [RFI] New to the list - searching for 80 meters noise

To: <mike@rfiservices.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New to the list - searching for 80 meters noise
From: "joe" <jitaliano@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:19:43 -0600
Well, no luck attempting to locate anything last evening.  I tried to run
the neighborhood before the time I thought it would go on, and found no
lights on anywhere.  Then, expecting the noise to start about 505 pm, it
didn't start until 5:34.  It seems it is not a timer but perhaps a
photocell.  I'll check the start time tonight.    Yesterday it was sunny,
and today raining.  We'll see what that produces.  After it fired up, a full
S9+5 on the 80 meter band from a normal S5, I hit the road and found 5 or 6
houses with lawn lights going within a 200 foot radius of my house, and the
street lights had fired up also.  So I'm not sure that told me anything.

And, on the way to work this morning early, I just thought I'd try a drive
by the area with the radio on AM between stations.  At first nothing, then I
hit a spot that was really noisy...sounded like buzzing.  I can hear it on
the radio in about a 250 foot section of the road, and all of that is within
400 feet of my house.    I'm pretty sure that's the problem area, because
following that road down another mile, with the same power lines running
along that road, is quiet.

It seem really noisy under one of the street lights, but the light was
working.  I'll try again this evening, but I might have to find something a
little more directional if I'm ever going to pin it down to a pole, lights,
or house.

thanks
Joe, N9PH