Re: [RFI] RFI from street lights - finding source?

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from street lights - finding source?
From: dj <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:37:49 -0500
Maybe my email didn't go through this morning.  I had some problems
here with the ISP.

What I said was that what you are describing matches exactly a
defective street light which is turning itself off and on.  They can
be very bothersome.  I've found them several blocks away from my
station and they still put a strong noise on 75.  You will have to go
out after dark and look for a street light which is either out or dim
and slowly getting brighter. How strong is the noise?  S-9 or 20 over
9 etc?  If it's S-6 to S-9 it maybe up to 3 or 4 blocks away.  If
it's well over S-9, you're in luck, it could be right up the street.
You don't need a radio to find it, just your eyes.  Make note of
where the street lights are in the daytime then at night when you
know for sure it's cycling on and off go out and look.  When you find
it, call your city street department or the power company.

Good luck

Dale, K9VUJ