Re: [RFI] RFI from street lights - finding source?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI from street lights - finding source?
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:20:23 +0000
I went out last night in search of the street light and was able to
identify a high pressure sodium suspect about 1/4 mile away on a main
road.  The light is cycling on and off and I will notify the Town
Highway department, who seems to have jurisdiction.

I jury rigged an FT-817 in the car with a makeshift antenna and was
just able to hear the light cycling on 80M when parked very close.
This wasn't surprising because atmospheric noise was barely audible
with the setup.

Thanks for all the help & 73,
Barry N1EU