[TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:09:40 -0600
What kind of van?  I have a similar problem with my Delta II in a Ford
Aerostar, but the culprit is the electric fuel pump.  Anyone out there been
able to quiet down a Ford Fuel pump?  Ford supposedly has a fix, but it
reportedly does not work well and involves dropping the fuel tank out to
get to the pump.  I only want to do that if I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY KNOW
that the fix will work!!!

73 de KD9BO Steve

At 7:00 AM -0600 12/9/00, Bob Mauro - PeopleNet wrote:
>I used my Scount in my van with the ignition off, so probably had about 12
>volts going into it.  Worked fine.  Worked South America at 59.  But when
>the van was running, even with the NB on, the ignition noise was so bad, i
>really couldn't hear anyone unless they were about S 8.
>
>   Bob Mauro, Mauro@Idt.Net        Amateur Radio Station KZ2G
>   ---------------------------------------------------------------
>   My DisAbility Website       http://idt.net/~mauro
>   My Amateur Radio Website    http://idt.net/~mauro/kz2g.html
>   My Levittown, NY Website    http://idt.net/~mauro/levittwn.html
>  Want your disABILITY life story included in my new book?  Click on
>                   http://idt.net/~mauro/alife.html
>                            for details!
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/tentec