RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion IP2 numbers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion IP2 numbers
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:16:13 +0100
Gentlemen,

Living in Europe, we MUST consider IP2.  If I try to run my
IC-706 on a decent wire antenna at night, I get nothing but
broadcast signals, at least one every 5 kHz.  And they can be 20
over 9!  This is a far more serious problem than most stateside
hams can even imagine.  I solve this problem with my 706 by
placing a small 14 MHz Dunestar bandpass filter in the antenna
line.  Twenty meters is really the only band that gets hit this
hard and I imagine, as someone pointed out, it due to the mixing
of broadcast signals at 6 and 8 MHz, and the lack of decent
front-end filters in the 706.

Ten-Tec would like to get back into the European market and the
Europeans are anxious to have them back.

I am anxiously awaiting clarity on this point.

73
Rick