[TenTec] Re: Contesting

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Contesting
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:01:33 -0400
KB2HUK wrote:
>Can you imagine going into a car dealership and
paying 30,000 for a fast car that gets 30 miles to the gallon and has only a
flat black paint job  roll up windows and of course no air ?  I don't think
so.

Yes I can. In fact BMW offered (and may still offer) such a version of
their high-performance M3 when it first came out. Why? Because if you are
interested in using it for racing, you care less about paint jobs, roll up
windows, air conditioning, etc. If you bought one fully loaded, the first
thing you would do is gut the interior and remove all power accessories that
could suck performance from the engine. A racing enthusiast wants raw
performance which is measured in horsepower and torque per pound. Anything
superfluous to that is dead weight.

        Now if you want to impress the local girls rather than actually win
races, that's another matter altogether!

73, Bill W4ZV