Re: TT [TenTec] Re: TT current production QSK rigs?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: TT [TenTec] Re: TT current production QSK rigs?
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 06:17:48 -0400
Walter,

What is 'too old'? I just turned 66 this week, but that must not be too old
as I still like  to play with the new stuff. Yes, sometimes it gets
frustrating, especially when all of the polish on the new radio does not
shine. But with SDR radios, i.e., specifically the Orion, things are going
to change with it, constantly. As I said previously, what may not work
today, may work tomorrow. But I do understand your comment about being a
'tester' and sometimes I have that feeling also.

The Omni 6 is certainly an excellent radio. Mine will give me a max CW speed
of about 68 wpm with full QSK. The Orion may not quite be there just yet,
but because of the SDR, it certainly has the possibility. Since Ten Tec does
not guarantee full QSK over 40 wpm on any radio since the release of the
Omni 6 Plus, anything you get over and above 40 wpm, in terms of full QSK,
is exceeding their 'guarantee'.

Not at least taking a look at the Orion would rob you of the opportunity of
seeing first hand the excellent hardware design and the excellent
state-of-the-art in ham radio receivers and DSP filtering.

73 and good luck with your choice,

Tom - W4BQF

Subject: TT [TenTec] Re: TT current production QSK rigs?