RE: [TenTec] Centaur 811's vs 572's-Correction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Centaur 811's vs 572's-Correction
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:09:52 -0800
Yes Bill, I thought you meant me.
Problem is, I sold the amp about 4 or 5 years ago so I can't try anything.
In the meantime, after reading the stuff by Rich Measures, I have also
thought it might have been a parasitic problem.  However if you saw how the
guys were tuning it with key-down for long periods, I think you'd agree that
the "user" was a significant part of the problem.

I replaced it with the HF-1000 (QRO Technologies), told the team members not
to run it higher than 750w out (our legal limit here), and it ran forever.
It seems to be "Idiot-Proof".

In the meantime I have replaced the HF-1000 with a Henry SS750HF
transistorized amp, running off a Ten-Tec 9420 power supply.  It never even
got warm during the CQWW CW.

73
Rick