[TenTec] Re: Upgrad laggard

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Upgrad laggard
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:26:14 GMT
Last time I mentioned this I got a bunch of replies that I should upgrade, but: My rig came with 1.349. I've downloaded to the computer almost all of the upgrades, but the darn thing works so well that after reading this list I just haven't ever upgraded. Perhaps remembering the words of my orthopedic associate, "The enemy of good is better."

Merry Christmas all and a New Year's resolution for all the detractors: Each post should include a line, "I do not receive compensation from other manufacturers."

N0UU

My rig came with 3.169 and I did not load 3.170.  It was a
while before I decided to install 3.171.  I have 3.172 downloaded to my
computer but I have not, thus far, installed in on my Orion.  Why?  Partly
because I haven't gotten around to it.  Partly because the radio does
everything that I want it to.  Partly because I'm waiting to see if TenTec
comes out with a quick fix for some of the issues like they did after 3.170.

Bernard, WA4OEJ