Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec rig I'd like to have.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec rig I'd like to have.
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:42:38 -0800
Jerome:

If you have a Jupiter now at least you can do something about the weighted tuning knob. Ten-Tec sells a knob option kit for the Jupiter. I think I paid like $26 for mine. You get a knob similar to what is on the Omni-6+ including the clutch ring and four mini knobs with chrome-like inner rings. I don't know why they put those 'cheap' plastic knobs on the Jupiter.... they put the nice ones on the RX-350... then again the RX-350 costs nearly as much as a Jupiter so I suppose.

Jerry
KG6TT

jerome schatten wrote:

Seconded!
or
I'd settle for a Jupe that had all the functionality of N4PY's software, in hardware, plus the IF gain control brought out to the front panel and a nice weighted tuning knob. Indeed I would, and I would have paid an extra 500 bux to get it!

Greetings of the Season,
jerome - VA7VV
----- Original Message ----- From: <Able2fly@aol.com>