Re: [TenTec] Orion II, value lost, scared to say more

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II, value lost, scared to say more
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:05:18 -0400
Mike....shame on you...you didn't pass this through the throne of
Randy, therefore he is going to 'refrain from commenting'. Shame on you Mike.

"service responded that "well, it has computers inside, and you're
going to have to get used to rebooting the radio just like you reboot
your computer."

That couldn't possibly have come from the TEN TEC service? Did you
just make that up to get another controversy going on this reflector?
...it used to be that your Orion didn't work because you used open
wire feeders. Isn't education wonderful.

Are you sure you know how to do a master reset? how about a memory
reset? Your not using open wire feeders are you? Do you have an
orange dot, or a red  dot, or a black dot. If you have a black dot,
that may be your problem. Just wait Mike, you have been assured that
v2.0 is going to cure everything, but give them time, they have been
working on it only nine months, so give them a little time.

Seriously Mike, you really should not complain so loudly when you get
duped, YOU may not be able to buy any more Ten Tec gear, or worse
yet, you may not be able to buy parts for the older Ten Tec gear you
already own. Maybe just give the Orion another 5/5 on eHam and they
may even let you live.

My sympathies Mike.

73,

Tommy - W4BQF