Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec's return policy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec's return policy
From: Randy K7RAN <k7randy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:36:26 -0600
Freedom of speech also extends to Ten-Tec's freedom not to be forced
to engage in a commercial contract with someone with whom they
disagree. The fellow who posted the negative opinions about Ten-Tec
was exercising free speech, and so was Ten-Tec when they in turn
exercised their freedom not to transact.

Ironically, no one is guaranteed freedom of speech on eHam or any
other privately-owned bulletin board. Neither does freedom of speech
extend to your right to enter my home and write your opinions with a
sharpie on my dining room wall. Neither does free speech guarantee
that the newspaper will publish your letter to the editor. Freedom of
speech simply means you can't be jailed for saying something. It
doesn't mean that other people must provide your forum or act in a
certain way in response.

All of that said, Ken, I appreciate your service to our country, and
my freedom to express myself in this very post (in which I take issue
with your definitions) is ironically due in no small part to what you
and your colleagues have done for all of us.

Randy K7RAN