Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:38:45 -0500
Thanks Tommy. I didn't mention it in the last post but I do have an OMNI VI+
too. Great radio for DXing. If there's anything lacking it's the dual receive
in one box. And unless you've used the "old" OMNI series or a CORSAIR series
radio with matching VFO so that you can do the A-B VFO split with dual receive,
A AND B, in a big DX pile-up, its unlikely one will understand what you miss
with the A-B VFO split and reverse functions in the newer TT radios like the
OMNI V, OMNI VI series (and Paragon).  Oh, one can use a extra receiver or
transceiver and a reed relay switching box interface with the newer TT
transceivers, but its not the same as dual receive in a Corsair or Omni C/D
(with external VFO) transceiver. The current radios are great for contesting
but in the $2k-$3K range there's no really great dual receive, QSK, PTO,
crystal based rig for DXing (unless you use a Ten-Tec classic).

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M - www.csm-gh.com