Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside
From: "Gregory J Knapp" <gknapp@freshrain.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:18:29 -0700
Dual receive worked GREAT on the Triton 4!  Ten Tec was way ahead of the times!
I had the 544 Digital, and the VFO was analog, but it was very cool the way I
could balance the audio and listen to both the DX and my transmit frequency at
the same time! Really helped in the pileups. I never could understand why this
feature wasn't carried over into the Omni series because it was a feature I
used often and really felt gave me a tactical advantage.  But, it did not take
the place of a second receiver because, as I recall (and maybe it's just my
failing memory), both the rig and the VFO had to be on the same band (e.g., you
couldn't be in a QSO on 20 and listen around on the VFO on 15).