Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:42:49 EDT
Goes to show you that each radio has it own virtue.
I have a Corsair II an Omni V from Ten Tec.
These are great radios.
I also have Drakes and Heathkits.
One day I will own a Collins KWM-2.
I like these types of rigs.
Others might like software radios.
One day I may give one a shot.
Just because these are the types of radios I collect does not mean that
everyone should like them too.
To each his own.
I can say this "I love Ten Tecs."
I hope the company lives long and prospers.
Now if anyone out on the list has a KWM-2 that needs a good home let me  know.
Or how about an old SB-620 to complete my SB-303 and SB-401 station I am
building?
Can't wait for the Orlando Hamfest in January to find a nugget in the
garbage pile.
And don't get rid of those old Ten Tecs.
The way I look at it, I can have fun with a cat whisker radio.
This is a fun hobby enjoy.
You don't have to have the newest or most expensive rig to have a great  time.
Dan/ N4VET