Re: [TenTec] RF Getting back into Rig Problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Getting back into Rig Problem
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:59:32 -0800
One thing I would add:  I found RF getting into me O2 primarily through the
headphone connector and the CW paddles connector on the back panel.
Ferrites on each fixed the problem  I had no problem with RF on the mic,
although the input to the W2IHY 8-Band did have a problem on 10 meters when
I cut the cable to the right length for the shack, which turned out to be
8'...a nice quarter-wave on 10!  Duh!  A ferrite fixed that, too.

I should by stock in Amidon....

Ron N6AHA