[TenTec] Jupiter and static problems

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter and static problems
From: Keith Flint <kcflint@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:21:54 -0800
I have a Jupiter in for repair at Ten-Tec that got zapped when I plugged
in a Ten-Tec
KR-50 keyer into the key jack. Ten-Tec Tech. says I zapped it with
static, so now
the Jupiter is keyed anytime I go into CW mode. I think it fried the
keying transistor.

Has anyone else had this problem? Ten-Tec says the Jupiter key line is
succceptible to static,
and they will be adding something to help with that during the repair.
The keyer was turned on
at the time I plugged it in. It has its own power supply built in, and
has a reed relay for keying,
although the n/o contact and the plug barrel is grounded to the keyer
common ground. It was not being keyed at
the time I plugged it into the jupiter.