Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:47:05 -0700
Tried responding to the original query before but used the wrong
email address and 'fraid it got stuck somewhere for review.

Certainly agree that hardware NB works very well.  Takes out power
line noise here handily.  I have found one use for the DSP NB and
that is with the
Asian OTH radar.  If cranked up to 9, it takes most of it out here in
the OR.  As for the NR, opinions vary.  When I've listened to SSB
it does sound as if it works fairly well.  On CW, it distorts the
signal and reduces the background noise to gurgles.  Actually, more
harm than good.  Running v2.059d here as well.

73, Gary W7TEA