Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability
From: "Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:53:17 -0700
A "trick" under uncrowded band conditions that sometimes makes the DSP NB
very effective is to force the main rx roofing filters to 6 or 15 Khz - then
try the DSP NB. I  stumbled into this one evening when I happened to notice
the DSP NB worked very well on a noise using the sub reciver but was
ineffective on the main rx. Apparently the DSP likes to see a wider
bandwidth of noise to work on- which it does with the sub rx .

73 de Hank K7HP