Re: [TenTec] Red Screen

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Red Screen
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:46:52 -0800
It's not all that 'dreaded' of a problem, and it can be corrected by just
turning the sweep off and on from the front panel.  It's probably just some
sort of register overflow in the firmware that will require minor tweak to
fix.  I seem to see it only in relation to very strong signals (in and out
of band) including those caused by lighting strikes.  I mention that because
we almost never see lightning here on the northern California coast, but
yesterday we did, and I saw some red screens on my OII!

         Ron   N6IE
      www.N6IE.com